Women's Human Rights Step by Step
Margaret Schuler and Nancy Flowers
Women, Law and Development International, 2002
This facilitator's guide is a tool for organizational leaders working to build the capacity of people to use the human rights framework to advocate for greater government responsiveness to women's needs and concerns. The training has a focus on women, but can be used by anyone interested in teaching about the international human rights system. It is a guide to developing a critical set of skills and knowledge needed to carry out human rights advocacy. It demonstrates how to:
- frame the issue of concern in human rights terms.
- understand what is a women's human rights issue.
- propose a strong solution or remedy for the problem.
- design an advocacy strategy using human rights concepts and mechanisms, and
- incorporate the components of effective advocacy into all phases of the strategy.
This facilitator's guide is the intended to enhance the use of its core text, Women's Human Rights Step by Step.